Communication Alumni Organizations and Positions, from 2009 Alumni Survey
- the UCSB Career Services listing for Communication (though it’s all print media), and their Career Blog.
- the UCSB Counseling and Career Center is an excellent resource for students as you search for career opportunities. You can visit them in their pink building with green trim, located next to the Humanities & Social Sciences Building, adjacent to Storke Tower.
- the New Jersey Communication Association’s comprehensive list
- the National Communication Association’s Pathway to Careers in Communication in the 21stCentury
- the US Department of Labor Dictionary of Occupational Titles, See especially: 01 – Professional, Technical, and Managerial: 05 (social sciences), 09 (education), 09 (education), 10 (museum, library, and archival sciences), 13 (writing), 16 (administrative specializations – including management, PR, administration), 18 (managers & officials – see service and public administration); 02 – Clerical and Sales; and 09 – Miscellaneous: 96 (amusement, recreation, motion picture, radio and television).
For more detail on individual occupational titles and employment figures (average annual wage, hourly wage, percentage rise or fall) see the Bureau of Labor Statistics List of SOC Occupations and employment projections by occupation (click on EPP Tables).